Friday, January 28, 2011

my october...maybe

i have ALWAYS wanted to go to africa. as long as i can remember. i want to go and love on african people, mainly the kids. i see pictures of people with these african people and my heart longs to be there. my heart wants to experience that, my heart wants to love on kids everywhere in the world.

this october there is a mission trip through Bethany to Kenya, Africa. i almost died when i found out. this is my dream. i am still praying about whether or not God wants me to go. i've spent the last hour online researching and looking at pictures and watching youtube videos of the Maasai people in Kenya. i have to admit, when i first started watching and looking at the pictures i got nervous. this is new. i have NEVER experienced this. yes, i have been to Mexico and downtown San Diego and Skidrow which are all terribly sad places. but i've never been somewhere like this. it makes me even more excited that i might be going, that God might be using me THERE.

i mean come on...how do you say no to this:
 


their sweet little voices make me melt. i can just imagine being there and having a HUGE smile on my face. although i am super stoked at the thought of going, i want to make sure my heart is in the right place. i dont want to go to Kenya because i can check it off my life list . i want to go to Kenya because i feel like God is calling me there. i have been praying that God would light a fire under me about Kenya specifically. that my heart would be for these people that i would be connecting with. that i would see needs and start thinking of ways to help and provide for the needs. 

who can pass up seeing this in person?


praying for kenya.

<3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment