Thursday, January 27, 2011

LOVE

each person in the world gives and accepts love in different ways. we learn to feel love from parents, friends, significant others, and most importantly Jesus. while praying today, i found myself frustrated that i wasnt feeling loved. i mean, i knew i was loved but it wasnt really feeling like it recently. i then started thinking about the love languages. there are 5; words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service and physical touch. so i found a quiz and took it.

for each question there are 2 statements and you are to choose the one that best fits how you feel now. each of the statements corresponds with a love language which you tally up and the end. these were the statements i chose:


1.I like to receive notes of affirmation
2. I like to spend one-on-one time with a person who is special to me.
3. I like leisurely visits with friends and loved ones.
4. I feel loved when people touch me.
5. I feel loved when someone I love or admire puts his or her arm around me.
6. I like to go places with friends and loved ones.
7. I feel loved when people affirm me.
8. I like to sit close to people whom I enjoy being around.
9. I like to spend time with friends and loved ones.
10. Words of acceptance are important to me.
11. I like it when kind words are spoken to me.
12. What someone does affects me more than what he or she says.
13. I value praise and try to avoid criticism.
14. I feel close to someone when we are talking or doing something together.
15. I like for people to compliment my achievements.
16. I like to be touched as friends and loved ones walk by.
17. I really enjoy receiving gifts from friends and loved ones
18. I like for people to compliment my appearence.
19. I feel secure when a special person is touching me.
20. I like receiving gifts that special people make for me.
21. I really enjoy the feeling I get when someone gives me their undivided attention.
22. I feel loved when a person celebrates my birthday with meaningful words.
23. I know a person is thinking of me when he or she gives me a gift.
24. I appreciate it when someone remembers special days with a gift.
25. I enjoy extended trips with someone who is special to me.
26. I enjoy receiving a gift for no special reason.
27. I like to be told I am appreciated.
28. Gifts from a friend or loved one are always special to me.
29. I feel loved when I am told how much I am needed.
30. I need to be touched everyday.

when added all up my top love language ( how i feel love ) is words of affirmation, then quality time, then a tie for 3rd with physical touch and receiving gifts. these are things that i thought i knew fully about myself but this quiz told me that time and words are more important than i thought. that is how i feel loved. 


i am lucky enough to be called girlfriend by this handsome man:


kyle <3

he knows how i function. he knows that i need words and time and touch. i mean we aren't perfect and are working on how to more correctly to show love to each other. but he's pretty darn good at it. there hasnt been a day that has gone by that i have doubted his feelings for me. i know he cares for me and loves me. i know when all is said and done he'll love me despite anything. i know that my heart is safe with this man. he helps me to be a better person and love Jesus more. he seeks Christ on behalf of our relationship and on behalf of me. i am so lucky. he is beyond wonderful and sometimes i have to pinch myself to make sure this fairytale life is real. 


this quiz was eye opening for me. it was interesting and helped me realize why i wasnt feeling loved. it's because i was looking in the wrong places. not everyone knows i need words and time. i may have been looking at gifts and touch (which are nice also) but what i really desired was words and time. this is so wonderful to know that God has created us each so uniquely and how each of us are given ways to express and receive love. he created me special., just like this, for a reason. 

father, help me to LOVE.



2 comments: