Thursday, May 5, 2011

captivated

cap·ti·vate

–verb (used with object), -vat·ed, -vat·ing. 1. to attract and hold the attention or interest of, as by beauty or excellence; enchant:
  
i have recently become captivated, more so then in the past. i am enchanted by my savior. i have been praying that God would pull me in, that he would give me a HUGE desire for a deeper relationship with him. these past few days i feel like i just cant get enough.


words of worship songs are coming more real to me, they are hitting me in places ive never felt.

"My dead heart now is beating, My deepest stains now clean. Your breath fills up my lungs.Now I'm free. now I'm free"

i have sang these words so many times, but recently i actually sat and listened to the words. oh my goodness. HIS breath fills up my lungs. HIS breath. to know that God is dwelling, living, residing within me has been overwhelming. to know that my thoughts, words, actions no longer have to be my own but Christs. that i can rely on him to fill me up.

my heart feels so full and free. i cant explain this feeling. i am joyful in everything, i am praying more unwaveringly, i am loving more sacrificially, i am listening more intently, i am feeling more fully. and all of this is because i am captivated.



fill me up God.

No comments:

Post a Comment