Thursday, March 3, 2011

i feel like my heart is feeling so many emotions that it's hard to pick just one to sit with. i find it interesting the things that happen when i just sit with an emotion. often times it leads to tears whether good or bad. in this release of emotion i feel like is God saying...i understand that words cant express it right now.
 

Romans 8:26-27
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.


i often times find myself in my own heart, just groaning out of frustration with lack of words that express my feelings at the moment. there is a song that one of my favorite bands sing called "With Everything". there is a part in the song where the music plays and all you do in that moment is sing out "oh". i was lucky enough to go to their concert on Tuesday night at Staples Center. i stood there in a room of probably 40,000 people worshiping my creator. we spent three hours singing and dancing, but in these few moments was were i felt God the most. my heart has been so heavy that I dont really know what to say, and singing this word, i felt as if God knew exactly what my heart what telling him. here is a video of that song from the concert. (mind you i dont know the person video'ing this, just fyi) the part that i really liked was around 2:25.

 

as i stood there singing, my eyes getting all watery the only words that were in my head were thank you. i think that if i can sit with one emotion right now, something that is an overall theme of my life the past few weeks it is thankfulness. there are so many things to be thankful in my life. i am in a whole new stage of life now and it is amazing. granted not always easy or fun, but amazing. i feel like God has me at this exact place in this exact moment to reveal things about himself to me.

i could go on and on about all the things i am thankful for. but most of all i am thankful for friendships. whether or not they are close of not so close, boy or girl, old or young, i am thankful for the people that God place in my life.

i am beyond lucky. 
i am blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment