Tuesday, February 1, 2011

FAITHFULNESS

recently God has been revealing so much of himself to me that its almost hard to focus on one thing. i feel like there is a new thing each and every day. i am so overwhelmed with the way that he is pursuing me and my heart. it is amazing. i feel as if each day is something new that i get to learn and feel good about. despite having a hard day or a good day, my happiness is no longer dependent upon what happens, who i talk to, what i do. my happiness/joy comes from my savior.

i am in a small group that is going through Jesus' sermon on the mount.( which btw, i always thought was MOUND until about last year...funny thing. it could be a mound right? haha) as we were reading through a few of the beattitudes i felt so thankful for the faithfulness that Christ has portrayed to me. throughout my whole life, i have had my few shares of ups and downs. when i look back at those, all i see is faithfulness.

the first 7 beattitudes were the ones that we went over last night, i found that when i read over them all i could think about are the ways that God was/in faithful in those.


vs 3. for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
vs. 4 for they shall be comforted
vs. 5 they shall inherit the earth
vs. 6 they shall be satisfied
vs 7. they shall receive mercy
vs 8. they shall see God
vs. 9 they shall be called sons of God.


i know that there has to be work on our part to receive this...but come on. these 7 things are beautiful. i will attain the kingdom, i will be comforted,  i will inherit the earth, i will be satisfied, i will receive mercy, i will see God, i will be a part of God's family. how beautiful is that? these verses show his faithfulness.
paired with what i have been learning about trust, these two days could not have been placed together more beautifully. God, good job on that one!


"Our soul waits for the Lord: he is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in him, because we trust his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you"

Psalm 33:20-22

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you got a blog and that you use it, I love being encouraged by what you write! I am so lazy, or maybe just busy, and I don't get to write much. :(

    ReplyDelete